Mommy Time Ideas
Much of our days are focused on our kids and husband. But as mommies, we should fill ourselves up in order for us to stay sane and become better in every role that we have. Personally, I strive for guilt-free “me time”. It is a priority on my to-do list.
Here’s a quick list of some Mommy Time ideas. I know a lot of mommies have already established what their “me time” consists. But if you’ve not yet tried it, I hope this list will help you get started.
- Get a massage! This can often do more wonders.
- Take a bubble bath and add your favorite fragrance. You can do this while the baby is asleep (if you have a baby) or while your kids are in school.
- Plan a special date night with your husband. I always make it a goal for me and my husband to have a date at least once a week. There may be times we just couldn’t make it, but we always strive to make time for just the two of us as much as possible.
- Dig in your garden! Taking care of my garden is rejuvenating. It takes away stress.
- Pick up an old hobby that you miss doing. You can also pick up a new hobby that you have always been interested in like painting or knitting.
- Pour a cup of your favorite tea or coffee and savor every sip.
- Take up yoga or dance classes. Pick a day or two for it.
- Take a walk or jog in the neighborhood.
- Meet a friend for some breakfast date or an evening glass of wine (or two).
- Play some mindless games like Candy Crush on your phone!
- Write in a journal. Or, you can also blog! This is my favorite.
- Watch a movie. Yes, mommies are allowed to watch some movies.
Make time for yourself, mommy! Do something authentically refreshing for yourself. You deserve it. Do something just for you every single day.